GYROKINESIS® Method is a movement method that gently works the entire body, opening energy pathways, stimulating the nervous system, increasing range of motion, and creating functional strength through rhythmic, flowing movement sequences.
You can attend this session without prior experience of this system. It is a group session so just come along with comfortable clothing and water.
Each class begins on a chair with a gentle warm up sequence to awaken the senses, and stimulate the nervous system. This is followed by a series of fluid spinal motions which increase range of motion, and prepare the body to explore more complex movements with agility, and ease. Class continues on the floor with exercises that expand on the spinal motions, gradually adding more complex sequences, incorporating more movements of the hips, shoulders, hands and feet. The floor exercises are followed by a rhythmic standing sequence that incorporates balance, and cardiovascular exercises; then ends with a calming, unwinding sequence designed to prepare the body and mind to reintegrate with the everyday world.
Sessions may also include elements from the Lebed Method and the Dorn Method, depending on the abilities and needs of the group and individual participants. Rosaria is also a Chrysalis Effect practitioner so she is equipped to support clients with M.E.,CFS and Fibromyalgia as part of their personalised health and wellbeing package.
Rosaria is increasingly working alongside Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists as well as Yoga and Pilates practitioners to enhance and support participants’ recovery and performance in a variety of sports and body practices.
To get the maximum benefit of the session, it is recommended that you attend a few sessions of GYROTONIC ® so that your body learns the feedback from the equipment. If you wish to experience this, please call 07854 542856 to book your session.
- Individual GYROKINESIS® session: £10
- Package 1 GYROKINESIS® (5 sessions to be done within 2 months): £40
- GYROKINESIS® & GYROTONIC® Combination Package (2 sessions of each Method): £95
Rosaria is a certified instructor in:
- GYROTONIC (R) Pre- Trainer (2020)
- GYROTONIC® Level 2 Programme 1 (2019) (Pre-Training and Foundation)
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Shoulder Girdle (2018)
- GYROKINESIS® Method (2016 -17) ( Pre-Training, Foundation, Apprenticeship Review and Certification)
- GYROTONIC® Pre-Post Natal Applications (2014)
- GYROTONIC® Psoas-Iliacus Applications (2013)
- GYROTONIC® Level 1 (2010 -11) (Pre-Training, Foundation, Apprenticeship Review and Certification)
GYROTONIC® and GYROKINESIS® are registered trademarks of Gyrotonic Sales Corp and are used with their permission.