Whether you enjoy the urban setting or the sea, be ready to be immersed in treat to the senses. Two opportunities to join us:
- Autumn Urban Holidays: DANCE AND MOVEMENT IN CORDOBA (ANDALUCIA) (25th- 30th October 2020) at Casa de los Azulejos, http://casadelosazulejos.com/
- Spring Seaside Holidays: DANCE AND MOVEMENT IN VILANOVA I LA GERTRU (nr. Sitges/ CATALUNYA) (7th – 12th April 2021) at Hotel Cesar, http://www.hotelcesar.net/
GYROKINESIS@ AND DANCE :
Once named ‘The yoga for dancers’, the system was created by Juliu Horvath (www.gyrotonic.com) and borrows elements from Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, swimming and dance.
Its main benefits are:
– stretches and strengthens musculature
– improves posture and circulation
– releases the tension in the body
– increases flexibility, strength and range of motion
– develops body strength and body alignment awareness
– develops coordination and the musculature
– enhances balance and stability
– articulates the spine
– puts no stress on joints
This method offers three dimensional, circular movements that use specific breathing patterns. It facilitates spiralling moves, there is a continuous motion and it helps the participants to reach the maximum of their body possibilities in a non-intrusive manner.
The method is suitable for people of all abilities and ages.
In addition to that, our dance session will cover dance styles and music from all eras and around the world. We will dance to a medley of Samba, Salsa, Flamenco, Charleston, Bollywood, Jive, to name but a few, complemented by classics from the 60s to now.
Autumn Urban Holidays in CÓRDOBA
Enjoy Roman, Arab and Christian Córdoba
Charming cobbled streets, history at every step through breathtaking architecture, Arab baths and duende flamenco.
5 day Residential Workshop/holiday, Sunday 25th to Friday 30th October 2020.
- 9 hours of GYROKINESIS@ (5 sessions)
- 8 hours of dance (4 sessions)
- Organised activities (see below)
Sunday 25th – Arrival at the hotel anytime after 3pm
Free afternoon/evening to discover the area.
Monday 26th to Thursday 29th – Every morning we will start the day with two hours of GYROKINESIS@ and in the late afternoon we will hold a 2 hour dance session.
Friday 30th – GYROKINESIS@ in the morning followed by breakfast together. Departure from the rooms by 12 noon.
Every day we will have a social activity for you to join in if interested:
- Visit the famous courtyards (patios), the Jewish quarter with its Synagogue, the Alcazar and Moorish quarter and the Cathedral and Catholic Quarter.
- We will organise an Equestrian Show (18E) and an evening Flamenco Show with dinner (prices from 25E to 35E).
- There are many other activities you could do in your spare time: museums, exhibitions, city walls, Arab baths, etc…
£595 /shared occupancy in twin or double occupancy/ buffet breakfast included.
£695 /single occupancy/ buffet breakfast included.
What is not included:
- Flights from UK to Spain and back
- Train tickets to Córdoba
- Extra events (equestrian and flamenco show)
- Meals besides breakfast
There is room for 12 people in total at this retreat
CASA DE LOS AZULEJOS
C/ Fernando Colón, 5, 14002, Córdoba
We have the exclusive use of a truly unique house, a sensory delight full of history and culture.
Life runs around the leafy courtyard coated by tiles from the Menasque factory in Seville. On the main floor, marble and wrought iron are embraced by the palm and banana trees, and the flowering clivias, bundled with the majestic balustrade and the marvellous plasterwork vault of the main staircase.
Large windows, handcrafted furniture in noble wood, hydraulic floors, old glass doors of the corridor and main balustrade are combined with the most modern facilities.
The hotel has a sacred space: a library full of rare references and specialised in gastronomy, architecture, travel and art, ranging from titles recommended by the Institute of Architects of Córdoba to the latest travel guides.
HOW TO GET THERE:
You can fly to either Málaga or Sevilla airport, from both places you will have to take a bus to the train station and from there a train to Córdoba. There are plenty of trains from both cities (train ride takes around 1 hour) and different prices depending on the type, there is no need to buy it in advance.
More info: https://train.trenes.com
A taxi from Córdoba station to our venue costs around 7E
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT CORDOBA :
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE:
To book your place please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know your requirements ( single or shared occupancy ).
£250 deposit required to secure your place .
Deposit is non refundable.